The following live classes will be offered for landlords and will be approved for clock hours for real estate brokers continuing education requirements. All courses (unless stated otherwise) have been developed, written and taught by Steven Weinman, Designated Broker of Family Real Estate and a landlord for 35+ years.
See course schedule page to register.
Property Management (Landlord & Agent) Courses
Business Operations & Record Keeping – 3.5 hours – $35
- Tenant ledgers
- Communicating with tenants
- Asset management
- Building a team of support professionals
Fair Housing in Rental Management – 3 hours – $30
- How fair housing laws affect your business?
- Who is subject to fair housing regs?
Rental Inspections – 3.5 hours – $35
- Routine/periodic inspections
- Move-in check-lists
- Why photos are a must!
- Software options to save time.
Property Maintenance – 3 hours – $35
- Fall maintenance tips
- Spring maintenance tips
- How to save $$ on the waste water portion of your bill.
- Tenant repair requests
- Turning over the unit – how much to do?
- Getting bids to get the job done.
Preparing the Unit, Finding Prospects & Agent Safety- 3.5 hours $35
- Giving/receiving notice
- When should marketing begin
- The move-out process – overview
- Marketing options
- Agent safety during showings (applies to “for sale” and “for rent” properties
Effective Tenant Screening – 4 hours – $40
- Why screening is important
- Application forms
- Screening fees and selection criteria
- How to read a screening report
- Making the decision
- How to give references on tenants
The Rental Agreement – 4 hours – $40
- Type of tenancies
- What the terminology means
- Fees vs. deposits
- Enforcement options
- Moving the tenant in
The Move Out Process – 3.5 hours – $35
- How to end different types of tenancies
- Dealing with abandonments
- The move-out inspection & photos
- Determining damage vs. normal wear & tear
On the above Property Management courses – Once you pay for at least 24 clock hours of total classes in any 2 year cycle — you will get one free class of your choice.
General Real Estate Courses
Understanding 1031 Exchanges – 3 hours (price varies by location)
- Course created and taught by Philip David of Benash & Associates
- What is a qualified tax deferred exchange?
- How can you use this information in marketing/listing presentations.
- Learn the math and the benefits to share with your clients.
Note: The Preparing the Unit…Agent Safety course listed above is recommended for all agents as a key component to the course focuses on Agent Safety during showings.